Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Spectralissime, the Spectrum Analyzer

I just saw an interesting video on a program called Spectralissime, the Spectrum Analyzer. The program is developed by VB-Audio. This is like a Spectrum Analyzer for your audio. And not only that but you would be able to tell or show someone if they asked you "How Do I Sound"?

Spetralissime is a standalone Spectrum Analyzer application based on high precision band pass filter bank, more adapted to the human audition. Spectralissime gives a more consistent spectrum analysis and allows better understanding of any audio phenomena thanks to its constant precision, from 20 Hz to 20 kHz.

Here are the Specifications.

SPECIFICATIONS

Application Type:

Audio Digital Measure Tool Application

Compatibility:

Windows XP, VISTA, WIN7, WIN8, WIN8.1, WIN10 (32 / 64 bits)

PC Configuration:

Min: Celeron / Duo Core 1.8 GHz - 512 MB RAM - Disk < 100 MB

Audio Engine Capabilities:

44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96 kHz DSP Processing

Monitoring Output:

WDM, KS, MME, ASIO (32 kHz to 96 kHz) - 1 to 8 channelsPhysical Inputs:WDM, KS, MME, ASIO (44.1 kHz to 96 kHz) - mono or stereo.Virtual Input:

-none-VBAN Input:

VBAN Stream (44.1 kHz to 96 kHz)

M.I.D.I. Implementation (remoting):

-none-

Bands Number:60, 120, 240 bands (FAST or RTA).Measure Number:

Single analysis possibly coming from stereo signal (A, B, A+B, A-B).Timing:10 to 1000ms (including standard SLOW, FAST, IMPULSE).

Weighting:

A, Z(Flat).

Level Scale:6dB,10dB and Isophonic scale(140 dB dynamic).Frequency Scale:

Decade (x10), Octave (x2) and Music (20Hz to 20 kHz).Display options:Max, Average, PEAK, RMS, Peak detector (Bubble).Preset File:

XML file.

Has anyone out there tried this with the Flexradio? This was demonstrated on the Expert SDR.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Comments

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, the frequency scale is only logarithmic (Decade and Octave), not very useful for CW or even SSB in my opinion.

73, Max

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.