Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400 not "saving" Modulation Mode when Changing to 40m.

I have a Flex 6400 with v 3.3.32 and out of nowhere (i.e. I have not upgraded the firmware or performed any other "trigger event" that I can think of), the radio stays on USB when I switch from the 10-20m bands to 40m even though last time I operated on 40m, it was of course LSB.

I believe the radio is supposed to remember which mode you operated on last time you were on a particular band, and mine was doing this until recently.

Any idea what might cause or prevent this?

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

If you change it back to LSB on 40, then change bands and come back to 40, does it retain the mode properly, or does it always revert to USB?

If it is a one-time event, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it is a regular event, then I suspect a problem with your profiles. If this is the case, I would export my profiles and do a Factory Reset. Before re-importing your profiles, check the operation to see if it behaves itself. If so, re-import your profiles and see how it works. If that fixes it, all is well. If the behavior returns with the import, then you likely have a corrupt profile and may need to re-build one or more of your profiles. Do another factory reset first so that you don't propagate a bad profile.

If the problem persists after a Factory Reset (and no re-import), then it is time to submit a help desk ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.