Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I get WSJT to activate transmit for 6700

I have WSJT running on my win 10 pro 64 bit PC. I can decode incoming signals and CAT control works however when I press the "Test PTT" button in WSJT setting I see my COM4 port under CAT v3.3.33 show WSJT but the 6700 does not click and therefore no transmission for FT8.

Using Smart SDR v3.3.33

Here are some screen shots.

Please help me figure out why I cannot transmit even though it appears that WSJT is communicating with COM4 port of SmartSDR CAT.

Thanks

Rich

KB5EDR

Answers

• Rich Roby
    Rich Roby Member ✭✭

I figured it out!!!

Above you will notice that I changed the PTT method from RTS to CAT and it works!!

Now I am off to the world of FT8 on my Flex.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Yes, that is the fix.

RTX and DTR are hardware levels on a USB / Serial port, which you are not using since you are using IP addressing which is actually preferred.

Once you moved to CAT you are now sending a computer command to the radio.

Glad you figured it out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.