Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I setup split with 6600/n1mm rtty?

w8jgu
w8jgu Member
edited October 2022 in Contesting
after 2 days no bueno.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Let's start over on this just to be sure none of the basics where missed.

First, you need to setup your radio for SO2R. This document shows the step and even though it is for a 6700, it is the same for all 6000 series radios. Do not use SO1V or SO2V in N1MM.

Now, when you go split and it is generated by N1MM, it will open a 2nd slice on the same panadapter with the TX Focus on the split frequency.

Regardless of mode (CW, SSB or RTTY) it works the same way.

Let us know how you make out or if you have any further questions.

Answers

• Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭

Your post give NO information to work with... But I'm going to take the liberty of guessing.

RTTY, Unlike every other mode for some unknown reason does not do Split without changing this...

In Smart Cat for the Main Comport Disable Auto Switch TX Slice... Then it will work as expected.

Ron, WV4P

• w8jgu
    w8jgu Member
    ron wv4p thaks for your suggestion. i will try it when i get beck from lunch. - bill w8jgu
  • w8jgu
    w8jgu Member
    Ron wv4p. No bueno. Went and setup for cw just to refresh my memory of how split works. Hit split on slice A and slice B popsup. control of TX for slice B is all from slice A. Does not work on RTTY. Looks like a 10m RTTY qso with D60AE ain't gonna happen. Now what???

Bill W8JGU
  • Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭

Shutting Auto Switch TX Slice makes it work on all of mine. Make sure you hit SAVE after changing to Disable.

In a Pinch, Just turn on XIT and crank in enough offset to make the Q

I worked them on 10m RTTY yesterday with normal Split.

Ron, Wv4P

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

Why not just use 2 slices? Receive on A and transmit on B.

• w8jgu
    w8jgu Member
    Hi Geoff. On cw/ssb I tx/rx on A, hit split for rx on B. Have not been able to do same on rtty.
    Probably will need a cheat sheet from someone and punch their ports etc.

73 Bill w8jgu
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

This is a contesting question, so I moved it to the Contesting section.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.