Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SteppIR

Hi all

I am relocating the station to my NC Home and setting up a SteppIR Big IR antenna 1st.

The 6700 and all the 403a stuff now resides in a equipment rack and running without issue.

The question I have is on the integration of the OptimizIR Controller. I already purchased the Flex USB to Serial cable from Flex. I also ordered the S12 Transceiver Interface Cable from SteppIR.

Do both these cables get hooked together then one to the Flex and other to the OptimizIR?

Or am I able to just use the Flex to USB on the OptimizIR?

Next question I know Autotrak will follow the Flex is there not a standalone program to control the SteppIR other then DDutil???

KM4CQG

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

KM4CQG

To allow the Flex to "auto track" the SteppIR SDA2000 controller, connect the S12 cable from the SDA2000 upper DB9 connector directly to the Flex USB port.

In the Flex USB cable settings, configure the cable to be a CAT cable.

You ask if there is another program. Yes, Take a look at FR Stack.

FRStack has an excellent option to control the SteppIR. Connect the s12 cable from the lower DB9 connector to your computer for that use. Find the port number of the cable in your device manager. Then set up the FRStack SteppIR option to use that port.

Alan. WA9WUD

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭

Alan thanks for the reply.

The S12 DB9 mine is a DB9 to DB9 I guess I am adding a DB9 to USB converter cable?

Can I add the DB9 to the Flex accessory port?

I forgot about FR Stack thanks again for the reminder I have used it to control the PGXL on occasion.

Ian

KM4CQG

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Ian

OK, I forgot the S12 cable did not include an FTDI chip, so you need to attach the S12 to an FTDI straight thru cable or a converter box, FTDI to USB. SDA2000 upper DB9 to Flex USB for transceiver control of the SteppIR.

For computer control, such as using FRStack, you need a combination of cables and/or converters that gives you a DB9 serial, null modem, FTDI to USB connection. Connect this to the lower DB9 on the SDA2000 to your computer. Use Device Manager to find the COM port and enter this in the FRStack setup configuration.

If you use computer control of the SDA2000, you do not need the transceiver control cable (upper DB9 to Flex USB).

Alan. WA9WUD

Anyway, use the

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.