Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR not reporting RF power from 6400 or PGXL

Options

Every time I boot up my station, it takes a few restarts or power cycles to get everything talking or reporting RF power.

I operate SmartSDR on the remote laptop. I operate the PGXL and TGXL API's on the local PC at the transmitter site via Google Remote Desktop. I typically boot up everything at the local site and then SmartSDR on the remote PC after I've waited two minutes after activating power to the Flex 6400 to let it fully boot up.

I can see by the PGXL API on my remote desktop that I am putting out RF but both the P/CW section of SmartSDR as well as the PGXL section of SmartSDR are not reporting any RF Fwd Power or RF power output. At the same time, the PGLX section is reporting temperature and the 1.25 "floor" on SWR.

Eventually, I get it all working by randomly rebooting the radio and the amp as well as the API and SmartSDR but is there a particular order I need to boot everything up, or time intervals that need to be observed to get everything reporting in SmartSDR the first time every time?

Thank you,

John

NG0Z

Tagged:

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi John

I see you opened a support ticket for this. They will help you out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.