Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner genius XL displays RF power low on some bands, when tune button pressed.

Works good on 10 and, 17, 40,80 m, does not work on 15,12 or20 m. I've tried all power settings from my flex 6600 and different antennas and the dummy load.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks David WA6TWF

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

This usually meens your tune power slider in smartsdr is to low, you need about 20 watts of tune power to tune it.

• david corsiglia
    david corsiglia Member ✭✭
    Thanks, but I have tried putting the power all the up and still the display on the turner says RF power low.
  • Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

I assume you have the latest firmware 1.1.8 for the TGXL?

Mike.

• david corsiglia
    [{"insert":"Thanks, but I have tried putting the power all the up and still the display on the turner says RF power low.\n\n"}]
  • david corsiglia
    Yes we are using 1.1.8 firmware for the TGXL.
  • david corsiglia
    [{"insert":"Thanks, but I have tried putting the power all the up and still the display on the turner says RF power low.\n\n"}]
  • david corsiglia
    PROBLEM SOLVED. Its the tune power that needed to be increased. Not RF power.
    Thanks to Dan at help desk.
  • Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

I wish all things in life were that easy!

glad you have it sorted👍

73 Mike

• david corsiglia
    The display should say tune power low not RF power low.
  • david corsiglia
  • david corsiglia
    Thanks guys for all the help.

David WA6TWF
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

It looks as though the first answer by Larry _ NY8T was correct.

• david corsiglia

Thanks, but I have tried putting the power all the up and still the display on the turner says RF power low.

• david corsiglia

YES Larry was correct. Since the display said LOW RF POWER I THOUGHT IT MENT RF POWER.

My mistake. I learned a lesson. Read the reply more closely.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

David, yes, I understand your confusion but the "Tune" slider does set the RF Power in tune mode. So the display was correct.

I sometimes take things too literally as well...

I'm glad you got it sorted out!

• david corsiglia

Thanks Geoff

David

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Reason it does not say Tune Power is the tuner can be used with other radios where there is only one power out adjustment.

Glad it is working for you.

73 Dave wo2x

• david corsiglia

Thanks for all you help guys.

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.