Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR and PGXL stop communicating Amp display stats *BUG*

I have had this happen to me a couple of times now where the Amp display at the right hand side no longer shows me any of the readings. Power Genius XL still shows the correct data.

I just had a crash of SSDR when trying to setup a TNF. When it came back the Amp data was gone. I am not sure what happened last night when it occurred. I did save from the PGXL software. I changed the fan speed from standard to Contest and saved and that seemed to have fixed the issue.

The amp is operating perfectly otherwise.

Is this simply a SW glitch or is there a setting somewhere that might need attention?

It is probably unnecessary but I was looking to right click in the Amp box and have a re-establish communication option.

Anyone else seen this?

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

I, too, have found that sometimes, when the Flex Radio crashes, it does not re-establish communications with the PG-XL. It's a rare occurrence, but it does happen.

The fix is to power down and restart the PG-XL to re-establish TCP communications.

Alan. WA9WUD

• W0MU
    W0MU Member ✭✭

I tried turning off and on the amp with the power switch in the back but It did not work for me. I don't know how long this should take.

I have found that using the PGXL software and saving fixed it for me, which is essentially the same thing as restarting the amp.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@W0MU

This is not normal and there is some sort of communication loss between devices. It might be the device itself or your network.

If you have not opened a support ticket, please do so we can debug further.

Make sure you mention the model of radio, SmartSDR Version, and PGXL firmware version.

• W5ERX
    W5ERX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Another possible fix to head off possible IP conflict issues is to set up static IP addresses on the radio and the PGXL. You can also set up an IP address reservation for them in your router if it allows you to. I have a lot going on on my network so I did this day one.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I am going to disagree, very respectfully, with @w5erx. :)

Actually you will find that running non-static IP address much more reliable if you let things work as they should. Now, if you fully understand IP address and assigning an IP address outside your DHCP pool, then have at it.

But, if this is foreign to you, please don't. Let your router do the job it was to do. It really depends on your network skill level.

• W0MU
    W0MU Member ✭✭

If you are using DHCP you will not have address conflicts unless you are running static addresses in your DHCP range.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.