Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Contesting with a Maestro

Options
Mark Griffin
Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Hi Guys, This question I'm sure has been asked before.

How many are using the Flexradio Maestro to contest with. I myself do not have a desire to operate away from my house, or even outside. No outside, because I really don't have an area in which I can do it. Right now in my hamshack I have 2 computers. One for my contest station and another to play games and work/browse the web. I am not sure if I can access the Ham Computer which is connected to the Flexradio or not with my game computer. I know, I am probably a weird case scenario. Also, latency wise, what possible delays might I experience using a maestro and my game computer? I need to say that both computers are connected to my router and my internet connection.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Best Answers

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If I understand the question, the answer is no. There is no way to connect one computer to another to operate the flex. They both can connect to the radio simultaneously if it is running SmartSDR v3.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

If everything is connected to your LAN, then your other computer can connect directly to the radio. To use the Maestro and the computer together, you have two choices (assuming v3). One is to operate MultiFlex with one panadapter on the Maestro and one on the computer. This will allow two people to operate at once, but sharing the transmitter.

The other choice is to put the Maestro into SmartControl mode. The Maestro will provide knobs and buttons for the slices on the computer. It is a best of both worlds kind of thing. Big screen and computer control along with knobs and buttons for the same slice.

The latency is reasonably low if you take your audio from the back of the rig. Once you use audio from the PC or Maestro, you are at the mercy of Windows audio and its latency.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Mark

I am confused by what you are asking.

Multiple computers can connect to the radio at the same time. I often run SmartSDR for Mac for my user interface (mic, vfo, etc) and then run N1MM on my PC. They work wonderfully together.

This is the big advantage of using a LAN for radio interconnection and NOT using a USB port.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.