Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need help getting my remote setup to work

Hi,

I have a 6600 running back home in Sweden and I am currently with work in W-land.
I am fairly new with my flex and don't understand all yet but trying to learn.
I bought my radio about a 1 year ago but have unfortunately not been able to play around with it a lot due to extensive work.

Now, I have some time over on occation and figured I would see if I could run some on my rig back home.

Current setup is that I downloaded the latest version of the day. V3.4.39.
My wifey has been in my shack and say that the "Button" is shinging green on my radio.

So, I start SmartSDR and the CAT and the DAX autostart.

My SmartSDR says the following.
My name
My callsign
The box with a picture of the radio and it has a blue shield saying Smartlink. Then it says FLEX-6600 FLEX-6600 FLEX-6600 (3 times)
A yellow dot saying Update.

In the bottom there is a yellow update button and a blue Smartlink setup button.

If I click the yellow update button a error screen pops up saying "Radio WAN Updates not supported" and Radio updates with Smartlink are not supported at this time.
If I click the blue button, Smartlink setup it says the radio and PC must be on the same local network to configure Smartlink. I find it strange as I believe I already did the configure.

Now.
SmartSDR CAT looks basically like the SMART SDR, it also have a blue Smartlink and 3 FLEX-6600 but dont have a yellow update dot. It has a blue available dot.
It also has a green Connect-button.
If I click the to connect the SmartSDR CAT closes.

SmartSDR DAX shows the same things as the CAT. Smartlink, blue, available, 3 FLEX-6600 and blue available. Green connect.

Can someone help me what I am doing wrong?

br
Magnus sm6wet

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2022

Hi Magnus, the radio and SmartSDR need to be on the same version. Download and install whatever version the radio currently has.

Now when you connect using SmartLink, you won't get the upgrade button.

• SM6WET Magnus
    SM6WET Magnus Member ✭✭
    OK, thank you Len, would it not be best for me to have the radio update instead of the software instead of going back to an older version of SmartSDR? And how would I do that?
    By the way, dont seem to find where I can download the older version.

73 de Magnus SM6WET
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Magnus

This video might help explain how it works and then help you to debug your issues.

You can't upgrade the radio remotely, you have to be using a computer that is on the same network as the radio.

• SM6WET Magnus
    SM6WET Magnus Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022

OK, so I uninstalled the latest version and installed V3.1.12.51 just like the one I have on the radio.

But now I got a new error message about SmartSDR Cat having unhandled error about Inner exceptiom critical error. Internal API error.

Anyone? See screen dump.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi,

You are going to have a few challenges. Sadly, v3.1, the version you have on the radio, will not work with SmartLink due to changes that happened about a year ago. You will need to be at version 3.2 or better. You will have to figure out a way to upgrade the radio remotely to v3.2 and that can only be done with a PC that you have on the remote end that hopefully you can connect to remotely. That part I can't help you with at all sadly.

Once you have been able to do that, we can work on the message you received.

• SM6WET Magnus
    SM6WET Magnus Member ✭✭

Hi Mike,

Thank you. I could have my wife go on my computer and do it.

I tried to search how to actually update the firmware in the radio itself but I can not find it.

She is not very computer literate, worse than me... So I will need to study an instruction thourougly in order to guider her through it.

73 de Magnus

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

If your wife can download and install TeamViewer on your home computer you could then connect to the home PC and perform the upgrade that way.

Dave wo2x

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Magnus, the process to update your home computer and radio is pretty straightforward. Kind of depends on the computer literacy of the people at home. Basically download the software, run the install which updates the pc and the radio. Or install teamviewer as above on the home and W land computer, then do the update yourself.

• SM6WET Magnus
    SM6WET Magnus Member ✭✭

Hi,

This worked out fine. Thank you for the advice.

Got it to latest version and now my remote connection is working.

Thank you all.

73 de Magnus

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Glad you got it working!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.