Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 on 2m- a high gain PA instaed of a transverter

This radio provides a low level signal on 2m band and rather than a transverter a high gain 2m power amplifier could provide a reasonable power output on 2m band. I recall a company with website fmbroadcastparts.com which used to manufacture such amplifiers but unfortunately their website is inactive. Alternatively, a pre-driver to a typical 2m "brick" type PA could provide sufficient power to drive it ( usually 3-5W) .

Any comments/suggestions about this idea?

Tom

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

Q5 Signal sells a low-drive, two-meter amp that works well with the Flex 6700.

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

OK, Thanks for info, OM Neil.

I will contact Q5 Signal.

Tom

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I bought the 2 meter LDPA from Q5 Very satisfied.

One thing I recommend is to run the 6700 on an external reference oscillator such as the ones on eBay for about $100. Without the external oscillator there is a longstanding bug that the RX and TX frequency are off from each other.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.