Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Logikit CMOS-4 keyer and 6400M

I want to use this neat little keyer with my 6400M to get away from the keyer timing issue. No schematic info for the Flex so I don't know which keying output to select; positive or negative. Anyone know?

Also, will using an external keyer (via the key jack and turning off Iambic) solve the keying timing issue?

The expertise in this group is amazing; thanks! 73

Best Answer

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

All CW keying signal on any solid-state radio that I have experience with is positive on key open, and the keyer output shorts it to ground, i.e. an NPN transistor with emitter to ground and collector to the key input on the radio is the proper configuration.

The CMOS-4 is the best keyer available in my opinion, however it does not offer any computer interface. So I use the CMOS-4 with a paddle and a WinKeyer USB for contesting so that the macros from N1MM+ or WriteLog can key the radio. There are no timing issues with the Flex using an external keyer. (I should note that when using the WinKeyer in a contest, I have a switch box to switch the Begali paddle from the CMOS-4 to the WinKeyer simply and easily.)

73, Craig KØCF

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.