Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL Fan Noise

I'm about to order a PGXL to compliment my 6400M. I have read early posts noting objectionable fan noise with some posts indicating it has been 'corrected' in subsequent S/W updates. I would like to hear from those who are currently using the amp as to what they think of the noise level. Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

If you look at those posts about fan noise, they are very very old.

If you search in this forum, you will find others commenting on how it is now, which is much improved.

Answers

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

I have a PGXL and the fan noise is a nonissue

it is nice having a solid state amp instant on and lots of power. Have to say I’m quite satisfied

Peter

• WØYVA
    WØYVA Member ✭✭

This is just the kind of feedback I'm looking for!

I agree about instant on!

Thank you. 73, Bob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.