Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 with FHM-3 mic. Have to shout into mic to get any audio output.

I have tried all the various settings described in the Smart SDR manual to no avail, audio levels are not moving any of the meters and VOX never turns on unless I inject an indecent level of "OLA OLA". Listening on a separate receiver the audio is badly distorted. I suspect the mic is defective, has anyone had a similar issue with these microphones?

Comments

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭

Make sure you have bias turned on.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Dave, it you are set up as Larry shows and still no good audio, check to be sure that the mic is plugged all the way in. The jack on the back of my 6400 is fairly tight, and it is easy to have the plug not fully seated.

Failing that, I am in Broomfield, and am willing to bring my mic to your shack to see if it is actually the mic or possibly a problem with the radio itself.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.