Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M set up with ac log and wsjt for Boy scouts in the field. Help Needed

Our group N9WH ARC is helping out with a Scouting Camporee, We have been asked to show 6 different aspects of ham radio to them.

I picked the task of FT8 and logging with AC log. I have gotten it to work with very inconsistent results, Being if i get it running and connected it never comes back after i turn off the radio or the laptop. I document all my settings and when i go back to reset them sometimes it works and other times its a 6 hour test of my patience.

the radio is plugged into the laptop directly nothing else not even wi fi

Ac log set to flex radio for rig

Ac log set to API interface port 2337

IP 224.0.0.1

WSJT setting to HRD 127.0.0.1: 7831 (I believe i need this for DM780 to run as Slicemaster is used.

Reporting is Accept UDP requests 127.0.0.1 port 2237

Notify on UDP request checked

Accepted UDP restores window checked

The above are my settings. Does not work all the time and i think I have a major problem with this set up. Any suggestions and or solution appreciated.

Thanks in Advance, Gary W9GD

Comments

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

You do not mention the radio ethernet setup. If you are connected directly, radio to PC, you should have both set to “Obtain IP adders with DHCP” (i.e. automatically). This will provide self-assigned IP addresses to both (169.****.****.****) - the two devices radio and PC will then talk to each other. For your other tools that need to talk to the programs, do use 127.0.0.1, loopback.

All of your interaction with the radio will be through DAX and CAT, and they know how to talk to the radio. Should be bullet-proof.Good luck with the Scouts, Gary.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

You should use Flex API to communicate from AC Log to the radio instead of Flex Radio and COM port.

Dave wo2x

• Gary W9GD
    Gary W9GD Member ✭✭

Ted, Dave,

Thank you both for your input. I did try the Flex API again last night and worked great. I tried that in the past but overlooked after changing a setting in AC you must reboot for the changes to take affect.

Tested radio to ac log to ft8 many times last night from a cold boot and everything is working great !

AC log set to flex API

WSJT rig control set to none.

WSJT IP 127.0.0.1 Port 2237

Slicemaster and /or Dm780 not needed. I am not a guru when it comes the background interfaces but everything is working great.

I took screen shots of every setting so if anyone needs them in the future please e mail and you can save a whole lot of time.

Thanks much the Scouts will enjoy text messaging over the airwaves.

Gary W9GD

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

Gary, if you’d really like text messaging over the air, install JS8Call - now that’s sophisticated text messaging with relay and store-and-foward. It’s based on wsjt-x, and uses FT8 encoding, but long messages. Just google JS8 or JS8Call.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.