Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Son/off remote wifi switching

I was looking to eliminate as much noise as I could in my shack. Besides the usual noisy wall warts I found a lot of noise on 10m and 6m coming from a 4 channel Son/off remote wifi switch. I tried using ferrite to eliminate it and no luck, I tried a stand alone 12volt battery still no luck. I thought just for the heck of it I would power it up using the120vac input. Success. No more noise. Thought you guys might be interested to know that. Maybe mine is just an odd unit with a noisy internal supply.

Comments

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭

I use many Sonoff devices around the house and shack with no RFI issues. They are all powered by 120VAC.

• normancyyj
    normancyyj Member ✭✭

All of my switches are now powered by 120vac except one that is using 12vdc. It is the two relay model and makes no noise.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.