Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink Server again DOWN !!???

The SmartLink Servic eis DOWN again !!!??

Whats going on there?

73 de HB9RYZ

Wolfgang

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If you are reading this, the answer is no.

Wolfgang and I have been trading emails regarding this as it was unique to his station.

• Mark Adams
    Mark Adams Member ✭✭

Is there a dashboard or up/down detector for SmartLink? A friend just wanted to run a test on 6m so I tried to SmartLink in to my rig from work and all I see is the Demo Flex-6700.

Mark K2QO in FN03ra16

• Mark Adams
    Mark Adams Member ✭✭

Ha! SmartLink was working FB. When I got home I found the radio locked up. It would not respond to any command from the instance of SmartSDR that was running on a local computer. It would not shut down via the power button. Sooo, I pulled the power, restarted the radio and sure enough, I could see the radio and smart link to the radio on my iPhone.

I think I need the gizmo that allows power to be cycled at the back of the rig. I do have an internet enabled plug for the PS, but that does not get the radio running again.

Mark

• I use Node-Red for additional monitoring of my 6400M, I noticed an attribute named wan_connected which is available from flex data poll, it has a value of 0 or 1, I suspected this may indicate SmartLink status so I created a flow to monitor this, assumed that 1 is good and 0 is bad. When the last SmartLink issue occurred I noticed that my new 'SmartLink Status' indicator on Node-Red was showing red and I was seeing the SmartLink error on my 6400M, once SmartLink was restored my indicator turned green again, I'll keep the flow as its an easy way to confirm SmartLink status without having to go into screens on the 6400M.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.