Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink Outage ??!!

Good Morning All

Is there currently a SmartLink Outage as in May 2021?

I was not able to logon this morning (25. Sept. 2021) to our remote DX-Station.

Yesterday evening everything worked perfect until 00:30.

73 de HB9RYZ, Wolfgang

Comments

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭

Just tried login in from SM country. No luck. Seems SmartLink is down.

73 de SE3X, Johan

• Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Member ✭✭

I hope they will fix it asap. I guess the Cloud service for SmartLink Logon Authentication at Amazon could be down.

73, WOlfgang

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭

I hope so to Wolfgang. Many relay on SmartLink and to make it worse, this weekend we have the CQ WW RTTY Contest.

I'm working so can't participate. But if I should, I have VPN as a back-up and it is handy to have in this situation. Even though my hair turned white and grey when setting it up. Not an easy task even with a bit of network skill.

73 and have a nice weekend!

Johan

• Bogdan SP8BRE
    Bogdan SP8BRE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    :s W PL również nie działa SmartLink dzisiaj rano brak połączenia ze zdalną stacja powtórka z maja 2021 przykra sprawa . Mam nadzieję że awaria nie jest poważna.
    ! 73
  • Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Member ✭✭

Hello All

Does some have a easy to read manual how to setup the SoftEther VPN solution on a Raspberry Pi in order to use SmartLink?

An instalation and operations manual how to install the VPN Server, the VPN Client and how the local network looks like at home and at the remote site where the Fkexradio 6700 is running.

This would be a great help for everybody and Ham spirit to solv this nasty SmartLink Outage issue.

I would also like to pay something for a good tutorial.

Best 73 de HB9RYZ

Wolfgang

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Wolf, i think the best manual is on your own website.

( or it at least was a while ago... )

Harry

DL9NDW

• Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Member ✭✭

Hello Harry

Yes, but this is not complete and not really tested in the field. It was only running at home in test lab envirnoment.

73 Wolfgang

• Harry: Do you have a running RASPI based VPN remote connection to a Flex?

73, Frédéric, HB9CQK

https://hb9cqk.ch/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.