Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why do I loose keyboard letters after a while?

After some minutes of N1MM operating with the Flexradio my keyboard looses letter H and Numbers 3. If I press them nothing happens. 

I have updated keyboard drivers. If I re-boot Win 10 I get them back for a while. 

If I DO not launch SmartSDR it does not happen.

What to do? It is very frustrating....😒

Answers

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

RFI Break-through???

Mike.

• No RF present. Just RX.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

What if you try a different keyboard?

• Same problem.

• Ken W9IE
    Ken W9IE Member ✭✭

Is it possible that some application runs that uses them as "Hot Keys"

and you then loose normal function ??

• I do not know. I doubt though. The problem occurs when using SmartSDR with N1MM. After some time. Half an hour or more usually.

• Jon_EA2W
    Jon_EA2W Member ✭✭

Hi Kari,

Have you tried to revert to a previous SmartSDR version to check if the issue persists?

On my side I used Ver. 2.7.6 in the last contest I participated and I didn´t notice the issue. Maybe only the latest V.3 version is affected?

Another test you could do is uninstalling completely SmartSDR and reset the radio or try with another computer if you have access to it.

I´m curious to see if you find a solution, I´d appreciate if you could inform here in case there´s any update.

Hope you fix it soon!

Regards,

Jon

• Hi Jon, No I have not tried that version. I am a little reluctant to do so and mess up Windows environment with "old versions".

I have tried with two WIN10 PC:s and the same problem occurs. With another WIN7 I ended up with the same issue after some 5-6 hours but that could have been do to USB energy settings that go to sleep mode after a considerable time of unactivity.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.