Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power supply Question

I have a Flex 6600M that I am powering with a DC regulated power supply, the Victory PS 25, that I purchased quite a few years ago. It provides excellent stability for the radio. My question is this: When I turn on the power supply, the 6600M briefly flashes some panel lights, then remains dark until I actually press the ON button. No problems working the radio, and no noise from the power supply. When I turn the radio off, I first power down the 6600M, wait till it goes completely dark, then power down the power supply. When I do that, there is a 1 second red flash of the red power button on the 6600M, and then all is well, system off. Is this the way things are supposed to work?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• fpmacko
    fpmacko Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

It’s probably just the internal processor starting up and subsequently stopping when DC is removed. On my 6500 the processor is always running when DC is present on the input. But I defer to a 6600 expert for confirmation.

73….. Frank / WA3NHK

• docjohn
    docjohn Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks, Frank,

It does not appear to be a problem, but I was just curious about whether or not that was supposed to work that way.

Thanks again,

John

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.