Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No microphone monitor when using VOX

Options

I was setting up N1MM's voice keyer for Saturday's NAQP and this handicap makes it tough to do "Enter Sends Message". I hear the voice keyer messages fine through the monitor using VOX, but not my microphone.

For example, if I'm calling CQ via recording and answer the caller live with his callsign then quickly hit enter to send my recorded exchange, I don't hear any of it via monitor since the transmission began with my microphone.

When I searched this issue before posting I saw that this has been identified as a bug for quite a while. I want to add my voice to those looking for a fix. Thanks.

6600 using v3.2.37. No remote or Maestro.

Rick N0VT

Tagged:

Comments

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am using SSDR v2.4.10 and had an experience similar to Rick's during Saturday's NAQP SSB. Sometimes I could hear the wave file playback in my headphones and sometimes not. If I had auto CQ activated to TX a series of CQs via wave file, I would hear most of the playbacks in the headphones but occasionally some would be missing. As far as I could tell, it was just the monitor of the playback that would be missing, but the actual TX over the air would be fine.

A possibly related issue is the inability to use both mic VOX and wave file playback at the same time. See https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/comment/19858863#Comment_19858863 I did not try it during the contest. But testing just now I could not get VOX to work at all with SSDR v2.4.10, with or without DAX turned on.

Tim K9WX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.