Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Keyboard and Apple Mouse/Trackpad?

Have an monitor coming for my MacBook Pro. Want to run SmartSDR on the MacBook with a external monitor, mouse, and keyboard.

Which device works best with SmartSDR for the Mac, the Apple Mouse or the Apple Trackpad?

Recommendations?
KG4ASZ
Tagged:

Comments

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

I dislike both of the Apple “Magic Mouse-like” products, and prefer the Kensington trackball. But then I’m a trackball nut :-) I find it much easier to use than a mouse. I also have a midi / DJ controller (DJ2GO2 Touch) which really makes operating SSDR for Mac pleasant (although the DJ2GO2 is not perfect, it is inexpensive and useful).

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

My choice is the Apple Trackpad 2. So easy to move around the screen. I have got and used the Magic Mouse, but find it a bit restricting. It all depends on your ability to "interface " with your screen display.

I also prefer to set up my bluetooth Apple keyboard using the Controller and Keyboard midi facility on Smart SDR for Mac. So easy to set up, thanks to Marcus's software application. I have assigned all sorts of easy-to-remember functions on the keyboard, for example to change band I allocate "control 4" to move to 40 metres. Left arrow to index frequency left, right arrow to index frequency right. l=lower sideband, u=upper sideband, c=cw. The list goes on. Did consider the DJ2GO2, and may try in the future, but more than happy with current interface. I have the 6600M which of course means that I can pick and choose everything to hand, whatever the mood takes me.

Good luck with your monitor.

73 de Mike G4GWH

• aa9js
    aa9js Member ✭✭
    I am using the Magic Mouse 2 and the Flex Control USB Knob. The combination works very very well for me.

Hope it helps.

Gary AA9JS