Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FreeDV mode doesn't show up

I followed the instructions in the PDF and Installed the FreeDv codec. The mode does not show up in the slice mode selection and the SmartSDR FreeDV pop-up says no FreeDV slice. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭

I have the same problem and I have seen posts that has been broken for some time along with DSTAR

• W4AFK Bruno
    W4AFK Bruno Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020

Good that I have read this as I wanted to use FreeDV.

As I operate remote, I use SmartLINK but I have a remote NUC (computer) connected to the Flex via the LAN (located in Florida), so I wanted to instal the waveform on the Flex via the NUC, then use it from my home (San Diego) using SmartLINK.

I won't waste my time if FreeDV doesn't work.

Request - It would be "nice" if Flex can chime in and tell us if they will support "waveforms" like FreeDV and D-Star-HF

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭

@Tim - W4TME

what is the status of waveforms such as FreeDV and DSTAR? Are they just broken and will get fixed when they get around to fixing it or have you scrapped the idea of waveforms? Also what releases do both of these work on?

Thanks

• Kent Hufford
    Kent Hufford Member ✭✭

Flex removed the FreeDV and DSTAR waveform files, the install instructions, and quit selling the DSTAR DV dongle a couple of years ago, when SSDR was "upgraded" and would not work properly with the waveforms. Flex had been working on and off with a couple of programmers to try and get them updated and working. Appears to no avail. Flex has to work on items that it's customers want, and they can make money on. During the past couple of months, Flex had other issues to resolve.

Interesting in a presentation to QSO Today in the spring of 2021, Steve Hicks talked at length about how great the Waveform API was and used the FreeDV and DSTAR waveforms as examples. At 26:20min.

FlexRadio HF SDR as a Platform QSO Today - YouTube

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.