Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex6600 / KPA1500

Options
My 6600 s interfaced to a KPA1500 with a USB cable. Should I use ethernet instead?

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is what I do with my 6400 and KPA 500 / KAT 500 combo. I also use DDUtil to set the transmit power based on the status of the amp (operate vs standby).

My KPA 500 has two RS-232 connections, one goes directly into the back of the Flex and the other goes to the PC, under control of DDUtil. The KAT 500 has one RS-232 connection that goes to the PC under control of DDUtil. With this arrangement, I have complete control of the amp and tuner whether I am operating from home or out on the road.

When I am operating remotely, I leave an old laptop running in the shack with DDUtil running and the amp and tuner plugged into it. I then use TeamViewer to control the amp and tuner via DDUtil.

Answers

• halmassey
    halmassey Member ✭✭
    Options

Does it meet your operating requirements?

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Very much so! I used to operate my TS-2000 remotely, but while it worked, it was more of a novelty, and not very convenient. With my current Flex setup, my remote experience is nearly identical to my home experience, and is a real joy to operate.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.