Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Feature request - DDUtil HTML server

I would just like to extend to the developer of the DDUtil product that I would pay good money, even on a subscription basis for a version of this product that could extend the command and control functions to an HTML based web interface on another device. This product already seems to work with all my external devices (SteppIR, Alpha 87a, Yaesu rotator, etc, all I need is the ability to extend it to a portable device when operating remotely. The DDClient was a great concept in the right direction, but still limited to a Windows PC. HTML would work literally on anything from Android to Windows with minor adjustments for screen sizes. I couldn't find anywhere to supply feedback on the DDUtil website, so I hope it reaches the right people here.
Tagged:

Comments

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

You could if you wanted, email Steven directly. His email is on a link at https://k5fr.com/

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@EdDial

An alternative is to look towards using NodeRed for the interfacing off all those devices and then that gives you a web page that will work on any device that has a web browser. NodeRed 'flows' are likely already done for all those devices. There is a user group that is happy to share their creations.

https://groups.io/g/nodered-hamradio

Yes, you will have to build / layout some new infrastructure, but in the long run, this gives you some great options.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.