Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Updating 6600M remotely

Not being unable to apply the latest update v3.2.39 to my Maestro or remote 6600M until I travel to my remote location 700 miles away, and not being able to update via Smartlink makes me wish for a video from Mike on how I can utilize a VPN and how to set it up. There are free VPN's available like Wireguard. But I don't know anything about VPN's and don't for example, know the difference between VPN's and Smartlink.

Or is Smartlink a type of VPN?

What other uses can one make with a VPN and Flex (like CW over the internet)?

I hope Mike and others see this and chime in

Comments

• I updated my 6600 remotely using local PC and Splashtop without any issues - no VPN required

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

+1 for a PC at remote site. Remote desktop in and use it for site diagnostics or upgrades. You don't need much as far as PC horsepower. Also think about a remote controllable power **** (individual outlets) to turn equipment on & off.

The PC can be on one outlet, then AC relays for radio remote on and PTT.

Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

this video might give you some ideas

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.