Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N1MM Auto CQ with Slicemaster & WSJT-X on 6400M

tsansoucy
tsansoucy Member ✭✭
I plan on using 6400M for VHF contest, using the Maestro to monitor phone, and SmartSDR/Slicemaster/WSJT-X for digital, using N1MM to log for both. I have everything working as it should, but decided to enable the "Auto CQ" feature on N1MM, so that if I decided to call CQ on phone, i could have N1MM play the recorded message. When I configure N1MM audio to use the DAX TX channel, WSJT-X will no longer transmit audio. WSJT-X will key the radio and amplifier, but there is no audio. I have spent hours trying to resolve this but cannot figure it out. I am relatively new to using Flex radios, and I'm hoping a more experienced user will read this and be able to give me some ideas. Thank you for the help. Tom, NI1A

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

That is working as designed (guessing since I don't have any screen shots of your setup).

SmartSDR on the PC and the Maestro are 2 totally different Clients (or radios). This is a multiflex setup you are doing.

And, the. more I think about it, you can't share CAT and DAX with 2 different clients on the same PC.

What you need to do is setup N1MM on 1 computer with it's own DAX and CAT and then WSJT on another computer with its own copy of CAT and DAX.

Again, I am guessing based on what you wrote. A picture of your topology would be helpful.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Tscience

While this going on what does DAX TX show you on the Radio?

N1MM will turn on DAX TX Audio on (on the client) when sending a voice recording assuming you have N1MM configured to use Internal Audio Codec. Then, it turns off DAX TX Audio so that the Mic can work.

In SmartSDR, have a look here. See if that helps at all.

• tsansoucy
    tsansoucy Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the help. At this point, I have wsjt-x working properly with SMARTSDR. But, if i launch N1MM initially it reads the frequency of the Maestro, which is what i want it to do. And if I press F1 on N1MM to run the auto voice key, that works ok once. but after that N1MM will begin to read the frequency of the SmartDSR instead of the Maestro. How can i configure the CAT ports so that they point specifically at the Maestro or SmartSDR client?
  • tsansoucy
    tsansoucy Member ✭✭
    ok, i'll try setting up a second pc. but i'm still confused, on the 2nd PC i would like it to talk to the Maestro. In the end, i want to operate phone band using the maestro. so on the 2nd computer i would run cat, dax, and n1mm, correct?
  • tsansoucy
    tsansoucy Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"Perhaps best option is to not use maestro and run everything from SmartSDR on one pc. \n"}]
  • Mike-VA3MW

When you start CAT and DAX you have to tell it which User Client or Station to relate to. It is at the top.

Right now, I have 2 slices open on 6M and I have WSJTx on 1 PC and MSHV running on a totally different PC as I am comparing their performance.

• tsansoucy
    tsansoucy Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"Ok thanks for clarification on that. So when I change the pull down option in cat and dax that is what determines where they point \n"}]
  • tsansoucy
    tsansoucy Member ✭✭
    thank you for the help, working fine using 2 pc's

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.