Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How does a "Switch TX slice to slice A" API look like for injecting to Arduino?

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
edited June 2021 in SmartSDR API

I am in the process of adapting a MAC logger to SO2R contest operation. But it does not accept Flex CAT commands. The logger switches slices with the command "arrow up/down" and I thought I could build a MIDi controller (or foot switch) with a TENSY USB Board to inject a Flex CAT command to switch slices while pressing "arrow up/down",

Is this a "large set of Flex CAT commands" to achieve this? Anyone who has done something similar that can share some insights into this challenge 😊

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi Kari, according to the PJRC web site the answer is "YES"!

Software

Arduino IDE + Teensyduino

Arduino's IDE software with the Teensyduino add-on is the primary programming environment for Teensy. On Windows, Linux and old Macs, Arduino is installed first and then the Teensyduino installer adds Teensy support to the Arduino IDE. On newer Macs, an all-in-one download is provided. Teensyduino includes a large collection of libraries which are tested and optimized for Teensy. Other libraries may be installed manually or by Arduino's library manager.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Kari, I have done this with a Teensy 4.1, but not using CAT commands. I do it using the Flex TCP/IP API which gives you complete control of the radio. Enzo, IW7DMH wrote an Arduino library of Flex API functions that I adapted for use with the Teensy board. Here is the latest version of the library and a "shell" program to get you started. You will need to go the PJRC website and install Teensyduino as an add on to the Arduino IDE.

Which Teensy board do you have? 3.6 or 4.0 would work, but would require an ethernet board to be separately wired to the Teensy. They would also require modifications to the library. The Teensy 4.1 only requires the little ethernet jack to work with the library.

Link to the Flex API Wili:

SmartSDR TCP/IP API - SmartSDR Wiki (flexradio.com)

Good luck with this and let me know if you have any questions.

• Hi Len, Thank you very much. OK I see APi:s is simpler than issuing a CAT command. Is this for MAC OS as well?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.