Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I use the Reverse Beacon Network as a spot source in Slice Master for Smart SDR?

This is what the RBN site says:

RBN spots are available via telnet protocol at the following addresses:

telnet.reversebeacon.net port 7000, for CW and RTTY spots

telnet.reversebeacon.net port 7001, for FT8 spots

These nodes run stripped down relay servers specifically designed for maximum throughput. They have no filtering features.. 

Our intent is that "retail" DX clusters should connect via telnet to one these nodes, and that end-users should connect to the "retail" nodes.

What are the "retail" DX clusters they refer to? Which ones are good and I might want to use?

Thanks for your help.

Bob, WK2Y

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Bob, I just use the spots from my N3JFP logger. I get the RBN spots plus whatever else is out there. I haven't looked too closely at the sources, but since my SSDR screen fills pretty quickly with spots, I haven't bothered to seek out more.

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭

Thanks, I look into that. I think I found what I want, a program called CC Cluster I just have to figure out how to send the spots to Slice Master or straight to SmartSDR. It's a pretty powerful little program

Thanks again.

Bob, WK2Y

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭

According to the Slice Master documentation for the spot sources field:

"So, telnet://XXXX@ve7cc.net will get you started (replace XXXX with your call sign. I also use telnet://k1dbo@daphne:7301?sh/dx to connect to a CC User instance running on a near by computer."

The first statement works but I don't get the "daphne" in the second and Slice Master says it's an invalid spot source. None the less, the first statement does seem to reflecting the filters I have specified in CC Cluster.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.