Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Dell Venue Battery Replacement

Options
Lasse SM5GLC
Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2021 in Maestro

So it seems I have a swelling battery inside my Maestro V1, brown "burn-marks" on the LCD-display... and ordered a replacement battery from far East, but it seems shipping is several months! Anyone know where to get the Dell 74XCR type here in Europe, not have to spend arm+leg? Or maybe remove the battery, and rely on the powerbank and also have the 12V supply attached? The swelling probably get worse by the day....

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Lasse SM5GLC Did you try eBay?

That is where I found mine. You could also check with our Germany repair center and see what they have and are charging.

You'll have to open a support ticket to find out.

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I picked one on flea-bay that did not charge too much for shipping. Bit it says delviery between june 4th and august 4th, expecting the worst! May check with the German repair center if I fail on other options.

Thanks

/Lasse

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Be very very careful when opening it up. Many have ripped off connectors.

Opening the tablet is a trick and the videos on YouTube are 'ok' but they are not detailed enough. If this is the first tablet you opened, it is an experience.

Be careful reassembling it and don't push too **** the face to reseat things. The glass is very fragile when out of the case. On my first one, I broke the tablet and had to then do a digitizer replacement. It was a learning experience.

Good luck.

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the information Mike!

I see several used Dell pads for sale in the US, but very scarce here in EU. I'll take it nice and slow, should be OK if I don't do something **** :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.