Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem with install 2Tone, RTTY, N1MM and FLEX6400

Options
Cees
Cees Member ✭✭
edited April 2021 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hi everyone,

I'm installing RTTY with N1MM for my FLEX6400.
Here I use for the manual:
EZ Start Setup for RTTY With N1MM + for FLEX-6000 or Hicks, N5AC. URL: https: //edge.flexradio.com/www/uploads/20200818185018/Operating-RTTY-and-N1MM-for-the-FLEX-6000-How-to-Guide.pdf

I've installed all necessary hardware / software, N1MM +, MMTTY, 2Tone etc. in accordance with this manual.

The description of the 2Tone installation seems incomplete to me:
..... Double-click 2Tone to start the decoder ........

I get the error:

"2Tone does not work standalone, the with a logging program like N1MM + "

In itself that is understandable, but in the manual I don't find anything about starting N1MM or MMTTY ??

Does anyone know what's going wrong and maybe a clearer tutorial on this topic?

Thanks in advance for any response,
Cees, PA3CVI

Comments

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You can only use it with N1MM, so just open N1MM first and configure it and it will run fine.

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭
    Options
    sorry Rich, thanks for your response, but I can't do much with this

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

https://youtu.be/QBmBlMaVJzc

This was the video Mike did on setup.

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Rich,

yes, this was the information i was looking for.

Everything is now working properly.

I've searched a lot on the internet for manuals that my FLEX6400 can learn to communicate with WST-X, F8 Mode.

To date I've not yet found a document that briefly and clearly explains the installation.

I was forced to but started to write my own manual.

Thanks again Rich. 😉

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2021
    Options

@Cees

Glad you got it working.

For any digital mode on any radio, you need the following:

RX Audio

TX Audio

PTT to put the radio into Transmit

Optional is Radio CAT control (you can live without it)

In this video, I show you how to connect FLDigi https://youtu.be/G9iDbcD-QgQ but the steps apply to each and every Digital program equally.

You have to Select the RX Audio path (A windows sound card device in each case)

You have to Select the TX Audio path (A windows sound card device in each case)

How to get the radio into TX - there are several ways and the simplest way is to have the Digital program you are interested in sending a CAT command to the radio CAT port.

Take it 1 step at a time. Start with the RX audio and get it working. Then, build from there.

Ask questions if you get stuck.

• KM0T
    KM0T Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike, still looking for your comments about how you set up FLDIG in your setup- i.e. rigcat vs hamlib... see my post please.

73 de KM0T

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Mike
    The Flex SDR is a fantastic 
    radio. What surprises me 
    the most is that all 
    communication takes place
    via just one USB connection, 
    including the audio control. 
    Thanks to your vid I was quickly 
    QRV in FT8 mode. You did a 
    great job thanks.
    Cees,
    PA3CVI

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.