Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SO2R with N1MM+ band switching

fhmassey
fhmassey Member ✭✭
Hi,
Newbie to using my 6600M...

I'm running SmartSDR with N1MM+ (latest sw both) with my 6600M in SmartControl Mode. I'm looking for some advice.

What's the most efficient way to do S&P. Tune the knob or click on the waterfall?

I'm just now reconciled that, regardless, I need to use cntrl arrow in N1MM+ to change TX between the slices.

Fred, AE4ED

Comments

• W2JV_
    W2JV_ Member ✭✭

Fred, I find that clicking on the waterfall generally produces a lesser rate and accuracy of station being there than tuning, good luck

• fhmassey
    fhmassey Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I'll need it. It's more about having fun and learning;
    Fred
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I find that the answer is "it depends...". If I am on a very crowded band during field day, for example, I find that leaving the mouse on the logging program and tuning across the band with the knob is the way to go. When the band starts to thin out, I find that clicking the waterfall, then fine tuning with the mouse wheel is better. It does require that additional click to get back to the logger, but saves spinning the knob around and around to get to the next signal.

For non-contest operation, I almost always click the display to tune, but use the volume, AGC-T and filter knobs.

You will find the sweet spot for you as you get used to SmartSDR and the Maestro buttons and knobs.

Len, KD0RC

• AF3K
    AF3K Member ✭✭
    Fred,

I'm in the "it depends.." group for the same reasons Len mentioned. I use SmartSDR on a PC monitor for the larger screen, along with a Maestro in SmartControl mode for tuning with the knob.

I also use SliceMaster + CW Skimmer so the spots heard using my rig and antenna are displayed on the panadapter, along with which stations are already worked.

GL & 73,
    John, AF3K

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.