Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

HDMI Port?

[{"insert":"Hello a couple thing I want on the 6400 black box version before I purchase one. \n1) Where is the HDMI port? Is this an available option and why would they have one on the \"M\" version? I would like a giant LED TV screen in the shack.\n2) Can this radio do synchronous diversity reception including a differential waterfall? What I mean is the IC7610 I had could do diversity audio only. Having the waterfall represent 2 antenna inputs would be way cool. Right?\n\nThanks much..\nFuture Flex Owner\n\n\n\n"}]

Best Answer

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The “M” models have HDMI ports because each has an onboard screen to mirror. As the non-“M” models do not have onboard screens, there is nothing in the radio to mirror with an HDMI cable.

Answers

• aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭

None of the Flex Radio’s have a HDMI port. The “M” models have a DVI port

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

The "M" models all have an HDMI port. It's the ICOMs with SDR that have the DVI.

• aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭

Yea i got em confused

• Earl1
    Earl1 Member
    [{"insert":"I guess this is an unavailable option, a simple graphics card... too bad. \nIt is a computer!\n\n"}]
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

It may have an extremely powerful processor but is not a computer by conventional standards - it is a data server to outboard clients. In this way there are no graphics to display. All graphics are in the client which uses the server's data at the operators request. I put my 55" on my win 7 machine with SmartSDR running. Very public attractive and useful station manager tool with 8 bands displayed at Field Day (6700). 7 bands on a pixel loop (RX2 In), 6M on Ant1 and 2M on the transverter (70W amp)

• Earl1
    Earl1 Member
    [{"insert":"Question: the 6400M has a HDMI out.\nCan I have this option on the 6400. I would like a portable maestro.\nOr are you saying the 6400M uses the HDMI out to run the front maestro display?\nI guess I need to contact the actual engineers.\nThanks again..\n\n\n"}]
  • aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭

You cannot have that option on the 6400. The Maestro does not need the HDMI port to function. It can connect to the radio via WI-Fi or lan cable.

• Earl1
    Earl1 Member
    [{"insert":"Then why does the 6400M have one?\n\n"}]
  • aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭

Because the M model has an internal display and the HDMI port mirrors the internal display. A 6400 has no display so you can't mirror something that is not there.

• Earl1
    Earl1 Member
    [{"insert":"Ok, so if I understand correctly the 6400M has a hardwired display with obviously no wifi or portable use.\nGot it.\nThanks.\nToo bad they stick a graphics board in the 6400 maybe I can order it special..\n"}]
  • aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭

The 6400 can be portable. You plug in the ethernet port on the radio to your wi-fi router and then any computer hooked to your network can access the radio. I can sit in my den and use my 6400m with my iPad in the den.

• Earl1
    Earl1 Member
    [{"insert":"Yep fully understand that. The box will sit in the rack in my shop\/shack.\nI would love a giant LED monitor on the wall also.\n\n"}]
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Earl, I have a lagre(ish) monitor. I just plug the HDMI into the laptop I normally use with the radio. So if you have an M model or a Maestro, the HDMI port is supplied by Flex. If you have a plain model and no Maestro, the HDMI port is supplied by your computer. Either way, a large monitor is in your future!

Len, KD0RC

• Earl1
    Earl1 Member
    [{"insert":"Ahh, but I want to use a portable Maestro not a computer.\nThanks\n\n"}]
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Oh, I just realized that the Maestro does not have HDMI, just the model M.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.