Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SATPC32

I am trying to get my 6700 to follow the doppler tracking from SATPC32, When I select CAT within the software and pick the frequency set I want the radio will change to those frequencies but will not continue to adjust as the frequency in SATPC32 changes. I have two CAT ports created in SMARTSDR CAT and have them configured as radio 1 and radio 2 in SATPC32 but no continous tracking, any suggestions?

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Larry, do you need to check the Satellite Mode box (Radio Setup panel) for tracking?

Len, KD0RC

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭

I have tried all those settings, no differance.

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭

I have it working properly with the Satellites, I was trying to make it track with ISS and it will not for what ever reason.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Your rig control settings look good.

Since Satellites track and the ARISS does not, I would suspect your "DivOptions.sqf" file, line 2 is set to (-) for no CAT control if the satellite is below the horizon and the ARISS is below the horizon ( or caused by your Keppler File not being updated and SATPC32 has the incorrect actual position).

Here is a screenshot of the DivOptions.sqf file, line 2. Default is (-) to not CAT track below the horizon. Change to (+) for CAT tracking always active.

Next, look at your "Satellites" tab, look for which Keppler file you are using for ARISS, highlight the file and update that file, restart SatPC32:

Alan. WA9WUD

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Good info, I am stuck on the fact that my nasabare.txt does not include ARISS, I am new to satellites so I don't know the differance between ARISS and ISS if there is one. I have the current file from http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasabare.txt

When I try to download keps from the satellites menu this path doesn't exsist but I manually retrieved it from AMSAT and placed it in the C:\Users\homeconnect\AppData\Roaming\SatPC32\kepler folder.

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭

It is working with the ISS, Even with line 2 in the DivOptions.sqf file set to + the radio would only start to track when the ISS is in range.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Did you shutdown and restart SatPC32? Necessary to put the new settings into affect.

• Mark K0JM
    Mark K0JM Member ✭✭

In NASAbare.txt it's ISS, not ARISS.

To make satellite operation with a FlexRadio much, much easier, you should contact W0DHB about his FlexSatPC software. It has been written up a couple of times in the AMSAT Journal, although I couldn't find the exact issue in my quick search.

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭

I have flexsatpc but the installation instructions are not so clear for me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.