Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR and N1MM and Maestro

I just got a 6400M. I had it integrated with N1MM using the Maestro - both sending by Fx keys and sending spots to the Maestro screen. This morning when I turned on the radio it was not integrating with N1MM, but when I open SmartSDR 3.3.12 it defaults to my Windows computer disempowering the Maestro controls, Also, "B" Rx and Tx will not come on. The Maestro does show N1MM spots but will not send, and N1MM won't allow me to manually log, either. I've rebooted everything ... and I'm confounded what to do.

Answers

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Are you using a 6400M and a Maestro and a pc? The 6400 only has 2 slices available.

• Roger W6LAX
    Roger W6LAX Member ✭✭
    6400M and a PC. The PC grabbed the display and disabled the Maestro (on the front of the 6400M) - I want it to remain on the Maestro (the front face of the 6400M) I eventually got it back to how I had it working before (without the computer display), but darned if I know how I did it.
  • Roger W6LAX
    Roger W6LAX Member ✭✭
    I've got the same issue this morning. The radio's front panel (I'm calling Maestro) won't show slice B, which is displayed on my PC. Except for displaying spots, N1MM is rendered useless. Sometimes when I try to send via N1MM it locks the radio in transmit mode (but now power is transmitted). As I've tried various things, sometimes the PC display is the only signals I receive and the radio itself won't control anything. I tried to close the PC display and it turned my waterfall on the radio red.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong??
  • Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭

I have seen a conflict between the built-in keyer and N1MM when transmitting, i.e. aborting a transmitted message by tapping on keyer or similar, may confuse which has the "control" of sending. The radio hangs in TX and one have either to send some on the built-in keyer or using N1MM. Never fully understood what was going on but at least I do not have to panic, but just try tap the key or push a functin key :)

• Roger W6LAX
    Roger W6LAX Member ✭✭
    Tapping a function key does nothing, either does using the paddle.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.