Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Satellite Doppler Control

Hi,
I am considering writing a driver for MacDoppler to control a Flex 6600 / transverter pair for satellite operations. MacDoppler has a UDP broadcast service and I want to write a bridging application to the Flex API. Would there be any general interest in this or has anyone attempted it before?
Dave, G4DPZ
AMSAT-UK Committee Member
FUNcube Team Member
Tagged:

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Dave

I built the same interface using Node-Red. I included Rig Control and Rotor Control. See my post to the Flex Community:

It worked well. The big downside is there is no way to CAT control MacDoppler from the Flex.

So, Node-Red based MacDoppler interface allows the Flex to follow the uplink and downlink from MacDoppler, but you must use those tiny tiny little knobs in MacDoppler to change the Flex VFO frequency. A real pain for linear Satellites.

By the way, I have been working a lot of Europe on RS-44, so hope to QSO with you in the future.

Alan

WA9WUD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.