Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Switch from a 6600 to 6700?

Options

Hi all, I got an offer to trade-in my 6600 with a 6700. Was thinking because I do use a lot of 2m for contesting (currently with TRV) and having a more streamlined station. I also do quite some So2r (low scale contesting) and was very satisfied with 7th grade filtering of my 6600.

From your perspective does it make any sense to do that? What are pro´s and con´s?

Thanks for your help.

Volker

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, the 6700 is currently 'top of the line' for flex, and having 2m built in is a great advantage. From my perspective, it would depend on the attractiveness of the trade in offer.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Options

Please note that to run 2 meters, RX is ok, but needs additional amplifiers to operate fully. I have my 6700 up and running on 2 meters using an LDPA and a power amp. So I am getting 30 to 40 watts. I also have a transverter for 70cm band in the works. Has been tested on RX and works well. I am building a box to integrate all the pieces. Fun project. Could have gone with Q5, but wanted to have more versatility and ability to switch between different configurations easily. I want to do some Sat. work as well as normal repeater stuff. By the way I traded my 6 year old 6500 for 6700, and did well on the trade. Love ❤️ the radio, it definitely out performs the 6500 on RX and the VHF/UHF capabilities are great. All in one radio. I Still like to build things.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.