Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Standalone API connectivity issue

KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I am building a "MiniMaestro" that connects to my Flex using the network (see my QRZ.com page for pics and details). I have two versions - one that is Arduino Due/Ethernet Shield based and the other that is Teensy 4.1 based. The Teensy has a built in Ethernet port. So far I can adjust volume, frequency, AGC-T and a few other items. If I am plugged into my DHCP-served LAN at home, all is well. Both devices can be plugged into the network at the same time and both work great.

On outings in my 5th wheel camper, the Arduino Due unit works fine with a network switch (no router) by setting the ip to 169.254.5.16. The radio shows up as 169.254.5.220. The Teensy is running the same code (recompiled, of course) as the Due, but it does not work right. I have an ip of 169.254.5.25 set for it ( I did try others, including 16). If I turn the volume knob, it moves the volume a couple of notches, then just quits. If I hit the mute button, It will mute, then get lost. SmartSDR stays alive and continues to work perfectly. If I have both devices connected and active, the Due continues to work perfectly.

Sooo... To my question. Is there something that I need to do differently when running without a DHCP served address? Am I just getting lucky with the Due working and the Teensy not? Seems very strange that they both work flawlessly under DCHP, leading me to wonder if there is something that I need to care for.

Thanks & 73

Len, KD0RC

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@KD0RC This post was created as a discussion, but is actually a question where you desire an answer.  This topic should have been a Q&A topic, not a discussion.  For more information on how to create an Q&A, please see the Message Board post, Using New Q&A (Question & Answer) Feature.

I have gone ahead and converted this discussion to a Q&A for you.

• KD0RC

Thanks Tim, I appreciate the quick response! Yes, I am using a 16 bit mask. Since it works properly using the Arduino Due, I guess there must be an issue with the Teensy ethernet library. I will dig around in there next. Hopefully, I will have something positive to report soon. In the meantime, the project is moving right along. I now have a 480 x 320 color TFT display up and running.

Thanks & 73,

Len, KD0RC

• KD0RC

Follow up - The Teensy ethernet library was indeed the culprit. It was promptly fixed and now I can connect my Teensy version to the Flex with or without DHCP. I have moved on from the clip-lead test shown in the previous picture...

Len

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.