Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 Not Showing up On Wifi ?

I have a friend who has a new Flex 6400. He has the 6400 connected to his router via a LAN cable. Using a MAC laptop, the radio is operating fine.  The problem is he would like to use Smart SSDR for iOS on his iPad. When he gets to the screen that says, “You are not currently connected – Tap here to connect”. No radios are available.  I am Trying to help him via phone and email. I had him install a Network Analyzer on his phone and do a LAN Scan. The Flex 6400 is not showing up on the LAN Scan.

So what are the most common reasons to look at to fix this issue of radio not appearing on the WiFi lan.

73 Paul w2eck

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Paul, what version of SmartSDR is he using? If less than 3, he should be able to disconnect the Mac, then the radio will be available to the iPad. If he is on v3, it might be a router config problem. Was the Mac connected via WiFi or plugged in to the LAN?

Len, KD0RC

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭

Also, on the iPad, go to [Settings][SmartSDR] and make sure it has permission to access the local network turned on.

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

Bob- re "access to local internet turned on" only thing I see is in Extended settings- Enable IPv6, is that what you are referring to??

Len - I will have to check on what ver of SSDR he is using, but he is using MAC Is latest ver 1.4.12 ??

The MAC is plugged into the router

73 Paul w2ec

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

Just heard back, his using 1.4.12, so think he is current

Paul

• KD0RC

Ah, ok. Try the Mac from the Wifi to narrow the problem down. If it works, then the basic setup is ok, and it is probably just a setting on the iPad as suggested by Bob. If it doesn't work, then it is likely a combination of settings in the Mac/iPad and the router. Be sure to keep track of changed settings so that you can go back if a change doesn't help or makes things worse.

Len

• KD0RC

Another thought... Is the Wifi on the same LAN segment as the radio? If not, that could be the issue.

Len

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭

It's not WITHIN the SmartSDR app.

Go to the master [Settings] app (the one that has all the settings for the iPad operating system (like "Airplane Mode" "WiFI" "Bluetooth" "Notifications" "Sounds", etc.) and scroll down the left column and find [SmartSDR] among the other installed apps at the bottom of the column. Touch it and the operating system options & permissions for the SmartSDR app are there.

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

Bob- ok , i now see that setting on my iPad. My friend lives in state of Washington and I'm in Ga, so will have to wait a few hours to have him check his setting.

Len - so by "Try the Mac from the Wifi to narrow the problem down." do u mean disconnect the mac computer and see if the iPad wifi works? Also, I'll check on the wifi being on the same LAN segment as the radio.

Also guys, this gentleman is 91 yrs young, ex radioman master cheif in USN. Could send code standing on his head. But various health issues have made it almost impossible for him to send code with straight key or paddle. I am a Windows 10 user, so never saw SSDR on a MAC desktop. Does the MAC version of SSDR have the CWX function and the ability to use the "Live" function to type and send as you type??

73 Paul w2eck

• KD0RC

Hi Paul, "Try the Mac from the WiFi..." means unplug the Mac from the LAN cable and connect the Mac to the radio using WiFi. The idea is to see if the WiFi is the issue or the iPad. So we take a known to work thing, the Mac, and see if it will still work when connected via WiFi. If that works, then concentrate on the iPad. If it fails, then concentrate on the WiFi and its connectivity to the LAN.

Len

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

Len - so he has a MAC desktop, will it connect using wifi?

Paul

• KD0RC

Oh, in your original post you mentioned a Mac Laptop which has WiFi. I don't know anything about a Mac desktop...

Len

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

Len

Sri for confusion, I did say that and and asked for clarification - I was wrong. His words: " I have a MAC computer, desk top type. No Mac laptop. Have a PC laptop with MCS 10. my iPad has 14.1 installed up to date"

73 Paul

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.