Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Doesn't see my WiFi network - but sees neighbors

Paul Carff
Paul Carff Member ✭✭
I am trying to connect my Maestro to my wifi network, but the SSID is not being shown on the display - just my neighbors. I have rebooted a couple of times including holding the power button for 30 seconds. Same results. I am not blocking the wifi SSID (I was doing some Rasp Pi work and they can see the wifi....)

Thoughts?

Paul

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Paul

What is the SSID of network? Does it have any special characters in it?

Mike

• Paul Carff
    Paul Carff Member ✭✭
    Yes - !4U_wifi
  • Paul Carff
    Paul Carff Member ✭✭

I just turned on a guest network without special symbols and it doesn't see that one either. I am using Orbi Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 Router(RBR850) with two access points.

I am 90% sure that is used to show the SSID before.

• Paul Carff
    Paul Carff Member ✭✭

I just did a firmware upgrade of the router and no change.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

I suspect this may be an issue with the WiFi driver that the Maestro is using where it is failing to properly negotiate a connection with the newer WiFi6 routers since the Maestro WiFi driver predates WiFi 6. Unless you can configure the router to use an 802.11N connection first when connecting to clients, I'm not certain there is a short or term fix, especially if there isn't a viable driver update available.

• Paul Carff
    Paul Carff Member ✭✭

I disabled the AX features and was able to see the network. That does undo the speed and reliability features, the reason I bought these devices. What are the chances there will be an update for the Maesto?

• BL7IB
    BL7IB Member ✭✭

As temporary workaround, config an old router as extra AP for Flex (2nd router as AP, LAN connect to main router LAN, DHCP off)

I am doing this to ensure the Laptop with SmartSDR get near exclusive use of some wifi bandwidth.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.