Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Gridtracker with Flex 6300 and Multiple Slices

Santiago Mejia HI8O
Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
Let me start by saying that I'm working with Smart SDR on my 6300, WSJTX and JTAlert, using both slices with 2 instances thru SliceMaster and logging to Log4OM V2 and it's working fine. Having said that, I want to try out Gridtracker with WSJTX, Log4OM and 2 slices but can't seem to make it work. 

Have anyone is using the combination of multiple slices/instances of WSJTX with Gridtracker and Log4OM v2?

Santiago

Answers

• Andy F5VAI
    Andy F5VAI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes, I have them working together with the exception of JTAlert, as ii I don't use it - no need.  I am busy today and tomorrow, but will write up how to do it on Sunday.

I am a great fan of GridTracker a superb program for digital modes. 

73 Andy F5VAI 
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited March 2020
    Thanks Andy, no hurry here. Really looking forward, because I´ve heard a lot of parises about GridTracker.

73, Santiago

• Andy F5VAI
    Andy F5VAI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Apologies Santiago for the delay.

So I have a Flex 6300 working with LOG4OM V2, WSJT- X V2.1.2, and GridTracker V1.20.0302.

WSJT- X:
    UDP Server 127.0.0.1 Port 2333  All boxes ticked.
    Secondary UDP server 127.0.0.1 Port 2237

LOG4OM V2:
    Settings/Connections: [UDP_Inbound] [JT Message] [2238] Grid Tracker Call
    [UDP_Inbound [ADF_Message] [2236] [GridTracker) 

GridTracker:
    Settings/General:  Receive UDP Messages - Port 2333
    Forward UDP Messages - 127.0.0.1  Port 2238 Tick Enabled

Everything works as it should in all three programmes.  

Good luck.

73 Andy F5VAI 

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited March 2020
    Thanks Andy. We´ll keep this conversation on the other reflector, which is more related to Gridtracker then Flex.

Santiago
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭

I know that I'm a little late to the party here... It seems that we're using the same hardware and software, Santiago. I have everything working on once slice... apparently the second one is just a matter of addressing it in SliceMaster. In fact, my biggest problem is keeping Slice A as the primary. It kept wanting to chose Slice B until I got everything set. The key is getting all the ports assigned.

Let me know if you want to take a look at how my settings are configured.

Steve, W6SDM

• Hi Steve, thanks. I managed to get everything working fine with GT, WSJTX and Log4OM and JTAlert too. I dont use Slicemaster but I have separate instances of Wsjtx that I open manually. But they are all working fine now.

Then only thing is that the lookup window on GT only works with whatever slice is active on the main screen of GT and not with the others, but that is something that Tag (from GT) is looking at for further developments and is not a deal breaker for me.

Thanks and 73.

Santiago, HI8SMX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.