Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any update on Tuner Genius?

Burch - K4QXX
Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Tuner Genius XL
There was supposed to be a working tuner displayed at Dayton before Covid-19 shut it down.   It's been over 3 years since I ordered my PGXL and still no news on the tuner.  Can Flex give us an update?

Comments

• Ray - K6LJ
    Ray - K6LJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi - I was recently told that the Beta units were modified and sent out to the testers. I suggest you email them directly for the current status. I know they are working hard to get them ready for production.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I am curious who told you that.  Was it from Flex or 4O3A?  The only info I have been able to get the last 6 months was from the 4O3A group and that was like pulling teeth.  I have reached out to Flex multiple times about the status and have never had a return email so I'm not doing that anymore.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

Flex would have been better served if they would have made a deal with a company like Palistar. And have them do some simple communications mods, like have USB DRIVERS to run with Flex. It would not have have taken 3 years. Could have been ready quickly with some commitment. I could be wrong, but those that made a deal for the free tuner may never see it. I was one of those, but ditched the deal and bought another brand, which included built in tuner. For give me here for being a devil’s advocate as I do like Flex very much, but they may have bitten off more then they could chew.....

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭

Don't worry, I have been to the factory just couple of days ago. I cannot share any specifics but it is on the way...

Regards

Volker

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    I am still waiting for the free tuner. I have held off buying one. I have seen a picture of it so it looks like there is a least a prototype. Hopefully the 3 1/2 year wait will be worth it.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

Well, good luck....! In my case I just lost confidence in this situation, time and money rule and I’m not getting any younger. And there was two specs on the tuner that changed my mind in the end. It’s not a wide range tuner and number of switched ports.

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    Understood. I waited for the amp and I am extremely pleased with it. It was worth the wait. The tuner looks just like the amp, but smaller. I don't know if pictures can be posted on the new forum but a friend texted me a picture of the tuner that was posted on Facebook and it looks great. Just hoping it comes out soon.
  • Thanks for the heads up Burch! I found the pic on Facebook – looks like it was just posted.

More grist for the mill!

Howard

• Gonzalo
    Gonzalo Member ✭✭

Still waiting on my free tuner too. I have a Palstar and an LDG (that I use with the PGXL), all wire antennas here. I would really like to integrate tuner/amp/rig.

• Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭

Studying the photo, it's interesting that the TG software seems to imply that it now has two inputs (A & B) verses the one that was initially talked about. These inputs appear to be independent from the outputs on the PGXL and this would be a major improvement over what was initially proposed!

Any speculation on what the three disks are in the software with values of 12, 4, 8? Are these related to the three antenna outputs rumored or could these be values in a CLC network?

Bill AB7AA

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭

Hi Bill, SO2R 2in 2out.

Volker

• Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Volker! That's welcome input!

Any idea about the disks?

Bill, AB7AA

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    I wasn't expecting such a big box on the Tuner.

Ian
  • DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭

Hi Bill, I missed the tuner by one day, so I did not habe a Chance to Look at it, only some parts of it. But it is related to tuning I would assume.

Volker

• It's blurry, but the 12, 4, and 8 appear to be values of C1/L1/C3 respectively, and can possibly be manually set via the knobs underneath the display.

The dual A/B in- and out-ports are an unexpected but very welcome feature!!!

Howard

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

What you see may not be the finished product. Or, it might. :)

Mike

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭

@Mike-VA3MW Or could it be one of a family of potential products? (That is my outsider's bet.)

Steve K9ZW

Blog: http://k9zw.wordpress.com

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Sorry Mike, could not resists 😋

"What you see may not be the finished product. Or, it might. :) " - What you see may not ship in 2021. Or it might . :)

Sergey

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Sergey

You know the company policy! :)

Seriously, once we have something to share on the TGXL and shipping, we will share it. Unfortunately there is nothing I can share at the moment.

• Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020

rather funny that no one mentioned this, in that picture they are not using a Flex to drive the amp and the tuner. :-) It looks like an older Yaesu rig. I mean, SERIOUSLY!? The work station is labeled Final Calibration and Test, like a factory position, and they are not "driving their own car"? :-) (My FLex 6600 mops the floor with THAT rig...)

HELLO? Flex Marketing Dept: Pull this thread, and re-stage a proper photo using ALL Flex products in your final test station. :-)

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

@Neal Pollack, N6YFM - The picture came from 4o3a is not a FlexRadio picture or location..

As the 4o3a team has a raft of radios they have displaced from their contest station, so it isn't surprising that an off-cast would end up as a bench-mule.

Likely the 4o3a team will test with every radio combination they have on hand throughout the development process.

Steve K9ZW

Blog: http://k9zw.wordpress.com

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭

Thanks Eric

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

... it's interesting that the TG software seems to imply that it now has two inputs (A & B) verses the one that was initially talked about. These inputs appear to be independent from the outputs on the PGXL and this would be a major improvement over what was initially proposed!

Reference above. It looks like the TG Utility is showing both the 160M and 20M bands (on its ports A and B). I'm wondering if the TG will be able to handle two auto-tuned circuits at the same time?

KF4HR

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

Any news here guys on if it will ship this year?

Peter

• Mack W4AX
    Mack W4AX Company Adviser ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

@W2PP we are targeting early Q1. There are several high current capacitors that are unobtanium due to COVID manufacturing shortfalls. We are pressing our suppliers in every way possible.

Mack

W4AX

Program Manager

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Any news here guys on if it will ship this year?

Peter

Peter - I asked this question on the 403A Forum 4 months ago. This was their response:

..., thanks for your interest in TGXL.

At this point we cannot give any specific date.

Unfortunately, as you know, there are global issues beyond our control.

We work very **** it, and it is almost around the corner. Dragan, 4O4A

Butch

KF4HR

• Mack W4AX

If you’ll read the list just previous, I already answered the question.

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

Mack, are the TG units being built in the US or by 403A in Montenegro?

Butch, KF4HR

• Mack W4AX

@KF4HR Butch. They are built by 403A but alpha/beta tested by FlexRadio to ensure they meet specifications and for integration into SSDR.

Mack

W4AX

TGXL Program Manager

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.