Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400 maestro and tune button.

Options
Joe Wussler
Joe Wussler Member
edited June 2020 in Maestro
Hi all I have a strange problem. I have a 6400 with a  maestro. When I hit the tune button on the  maestro I am not getting a carrier to engage the plaster HF-Auto. When I load smart SDR it works fine. Both the maestro and SmartSDR are set for power output. Any ideals

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    In my case, when "tune" did not work, I was advised to make sure the CW "pitch" setting was set to 600 HZ.   Choose CW as the mode, then go to the "transmit" menu by pressing the TX Menu knob in.   Set CW pitch to 600 HZ.

Alan
    WA9WUD
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Joe:
    You stated that the power was set to the same level in SSDR and the Maestro.  Just to make sure,  I have to ask the following, is the "TUNE POWER" set the same in both?    Tune power on the Maestro  setting is accessed by pressing the "MIC Gain knob to display the TX menu.   I had the same problem several years ago, it took an hour to sort it out.  The Maestro "Tune Power" was set to zero, I don't know how it got there but it did.

Gayle K0FLY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.