Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

remote from my Iphone a issue

James Kennedy-WU5E
James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
today at work , during a break I started my Iphone SMARTSD app or what ever it's called  and connected to my radio the Audio was great so I turned off the app and logged my web based internet app and logged into the country hams logger it came time for my comments I was back on my smartsdr app and PTTed no one heard me! I noted when I got home my Antenna Genuis was not connect humm , do need to go to dummy switch and have to leave my ham computer turn on all the time.
WO2X helped me get the AT&T router forwarding working I see my radio with my phone I had 5 G service on my phone. I walked out to my truck and turn radio TS-480HX and the delay was 1.5 to 2 seconds. these are all test so my PCS to Korea soon I will be able to log in and use my weekend time to work my radio.

So if anyone can figure out the PTT issue while on my phone then I know it works, After work I move the Antenna Genuis to unmanage switch. like the radio.

Jim
WU5E

Answers

• Ken - VE5KC
    Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Have you check your profiles?

When I first tried using my iPhone I had a similar problem. It worked for me but then when I went back to my PC I had no TX.

I was able to figure out that the problem was with Profiles. The iPhone did not automatically set up an ios global or mic profile when I first use it. It was using The same profile as SmartSDR on my PC.

I had to make profiles for the iPhone. Also, I had to go into the settings and tell the iPhone to use these ios profiles.

The next time I used my PC, I found SmartSDR started up using the ios profile.  The last used  profile does not seem to stick with the device. When I change between the PC & iPhone I have to check to make sure I'm using the correct profile.

Once I had the profiles under control, the iPhone has worked great for remote and no more problems going back to using SmartSDR.

73..  Ken - VE5KC

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    i use my iphone almost daily while sitting on the front porch in the afternoon, but i have found that you get better audio from the earbuds than just using iPhone straight, get some friends that you trust to help you set audio. then create a ios profile from phone and save it. when you log in from phone also make sure you change mic to iPhone and select iPhone profile, works like a champ!
    hope this helps
    Richard!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.