Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audio equalizer on RX-B slice?

Lasse Moell
Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
Using the RX audio equalizer, it will not work on RX B (verified on both Maestro and SSDR 2.60), and it seems to affect RX A if it is shut down and reopened while RX B is active. Only way to re-activate the audio equalizer is to shut down all RX slots and then open RX A again.  I have yet to see it this is also an issue using the TX equalizer. 

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

An easy work around is to switch mode for example, if on LSB termporarily switch to USB on Slice B  then back to LSB and equalizer will work on Slice B
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited May 2020
    Hi Lasse

When doing this, have you confirmed you are adjusting the ACTIVE slice?  That is different than the slice that has the TX focus.

Mike

• Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Mike, I noticed this on my Maestro, and verified it using SSDR. I guess having only one slice makes it "Active"? As I wrote having ONLY RX B slice running I cannot activate the equalizer. The work-around as stated by Jim works, but it is a work-around :D Using Maestro, enable both A and B slice, invoke equalizer, verify it works on A. Close A, and you only have B audio but equalizer will not operate, unless changing mode.
  • Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Just a short update on my findings... tested Michaels suggestion and use SSDR (remote from the office), i.e. have focus on RX slice B do work, sort of. If I close slice A, only have slice B active, the equalizer does not operate unless do the trick of changing modes.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited October 2019
    Hi Lasse

I think I heard that if you change modes, the changes do work for the EQ on B.  I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

Mike

• Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I would call this a s/w bug... even if the workaround do "work".
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited October 2019
    Yes, it sounds like a bug, and it has been reported.
  • Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    edited October 2019
    This has been identified as a software defect.
    BTW, it only seems to affect new slices opened on the same panadapter.
    In my testing, slices opened on a different panadapter seem to function properly.

Ken - NM9P
  • Paul_M0AIA
    Paul_M0AIA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi Flex Community & Support.
    I have a 6600 running v3.1.12 I have this problem where I have noticed Slice B , C, D have a dulled down sound to the receive audio and the RX EQ is not working on SmartSDR & Maestro. I was going to log an incident with the Flex Support help desk tomorrow and thought I would search the Flex community site first to see if other operators are experiencing this same fault and found this post on the same subject.

Have the Flex developers got to the bottom of this fault, is it hardware or software and what is the permanent fix ?

As I have only just found this post I have tried switching mode and back again on Slice B and can confirm the audio dullness has cleared and the RX EQ is now working, yet to try other slices on other bands as I had the problem on all Slice's except Slice A on all bands. Is the work around persistent or will you have to do this mode work around every time you active a second to fourth Slice ?

Thanks, what a great community :-)

Regards
    Paul M0AIA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.