Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Select Transmit Profile?

Tom W3FRG
Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
In the "Select Transmit Profile" shouldn't there be a change in parameters if I select a different Transmit profile? IE Go from a SSB to a Data or CW Profile?
I would have expected changes like those seen when changing the "Select AF Input Source" or Microphone select, BAL or Mic.

Tom W3FRG

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    As you select a TX profile the power setting and tune setting changes.
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Yes, but nothing else.
    But, I suppose they would be saved by the mike profile.
    What I'm referring to is that when I select the transmit profile for 60m, the Hi .Lo cut do not change.
    can't be higher than 3Khz for transmit.

Tom

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Tom, all the other settings are saved with other profiles,,,like mic and global. I don't know what the Tx band width is for 60 meters
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    One would think that the Transmit profile would also control the Transmit Filter Hi  & Lo cut.
    For 60m the transmitter will not transmit any power output unless the High Cut Tx Filter is at 3Khc or less.

Tom W3FRG
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Then I would think that is the band width for 60 meters. 60 meter band width is 2.9k. any larger it won't TX
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Actually Bill, The maximum bandwidth for data emission on 60 meters is 2.8kHz.
    But, the FRS 6K series will transmit with the High Cut up to 3Khz 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    ok, All I know is if the TX settings are not correct, the TX will be not allowed. It looks like things are working fine then. If it is still not transmitting ten narrow things up a bit. Do a search on the community about this and see if others talked about the same problems?
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    It is still transmitting up to and including 3Khz.
    But one would expect that the Transmit BW would also change for a particular Profile.
    It only changes if the Global profile is selected.
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This morning I selected a band and the "Select Transmit Profile" window came up with "Default" in place if the created profile name.
    I looked at the Transmit Profile' lists and a few that were created yesterday were missing. These were created and saved yesterday.
    Why do these Transmit Profiles disappear?

• Erik SM0JCA
    Erik SM0JCA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Working with profiles took me a bit of learning how they behave.
    First I create a transmit profile and save it under a specific name.
    Second I create a microphone profile and save it under a specific name.
    Thirdly I keep these two profiles active and turn to Global setting and make a specific name for saving a Global profile.
    Now you can call up that Global profile name and presto the settings will be activated.

Am I right?

Erik

• Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Exactly what I have been doing.

Mike Profile: For 10 thru 6m, not 60m I have a mike profile named "ATR-1300", set Lo & Hi cut to 50-3450.
    For 60m, I named it "ATR-1300 60M", sets Lo & Hi cut to 50-2800.
    Gains, VOX, PROC are all set identically.

Transmit Profile: For 10-6m, not 60m I have the transmit profile named "RF 2K SSB"
    This sets RF Power to ~8-10 w depending on band. The TX Band Settings gets updated per band upon use.
    This is for the RF 2K amp RF input

For 60m I have the Profile named "CH 1, CH 5, etc"
    It sets power to 100w

The Global Profile is named "10m RF 2K, 160m RF 2K, etc"
    For 60m its "CH 1 60m, CH 5 60M, etc"

I don't believe I had profiles disappearing prior to 3.1.11 ?
  • Erik SM0JCA
    Erik SM0JCA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I just came to think about the "turf" file. Have you considered that the 60m band could get upset because the region specification by the turf-file was changed?
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I don't understand "TURF" file?

I shut everything down, had to run errands. Returned and restarted everything up.
    The "Select Transmit profiles" window came up as "Default".
    I looked at the Transmit Profile file and all of the profiles that I created, saved and Exported were gone. Glad I saved & exported them.
    I reimported the file and it still just come back with "Default".

Strange happenings?

Tom W3FRG

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I'm curious where you see the "Select Transmit profiles" window. I have a 6400 and I don't recall ever seeing that.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    if you hover over the mic profile selection window,,that is what it says

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    tom are on V3? I have heard of others losing profiles as well on V3
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Using SSDR on the external monitor, not the radio display, under RF Power and Tune Power.
    Also referred to as The TX Window or panel.
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for the clarification Bill. I guess I have seen it but not remembered.
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Bill,

Hoovering over the MIKE Profiles does nothing and I see no changes for that profile.
    I'm using Ver 3.1.11
    I only see changes and lose data in the "Transmit profile", thankfully.

Tom

• Erik SM0JCA
    Erik SM0JCA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Re: Turf file
    The .turf file is a region/country specific file that defines the band data for the radio in a specific region/country.
    In SmartSDR you will find the .turf file in Radio Information under "Settings->Radio Setup->Radio". There is a heading "Region: ...... and a button "Change", normally green. If you click on that button it will open up a library looking for a .turf file.
    I am not shure what region you have specified on your radio, maybee the band data in the .turf file in your case is blocking someting.
    I have not changed anything in my 6600 here and the region is stating "USA" from delivery by the local distributor and all is fine but I have no permit for the 60m band.
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    After many tests with Ver 3.1.11, I downgraded to Ver 3.1.8 and everything with the Profiles is working as designed.

However, the big thing I noticed is the presence of a scroll bar in the "Select Transmit Profile" window.
    With Ver 3.1.11 this scroll bar is missing, you only get what you see.

I know reverting back to an earlier version isn't recommended per instructions for Ver 3.1.11 , but all is working as expected.

I can save and Import & export profiles and they work with Ver 3.1.8 without any profiles missing.

Tom W3FRG

• Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I normally have the win10 screen for SSDR at min, small box upper rt of screen selected.
    The small arrow was present for Ver 3.1.8 but not 3.1.11. in the Select Transmit Profile.
    It was suggested to me to max the screen.

I maxed the screen and the arrow appeared with all of the Transmit profiles present and appearing normal.

As of now it doesn't matter if I have the monitor screen minimized or maximized, the drop down arrow is there for both Ver 3.1.8 and Ver 3.1.11.

Any one explain that??

Tom W3FRG
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The problem with rolling back is you lose the SD card protection.
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I'll be staying with Ver 3.1.11 for now, or until I find another glitch.

Tnx, keep healthy and safe,

Tom W3FRG
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Now that 3.1.12 is out and installed, all is working perfectly as expected on the 6600M using SSDR.
    I found that saving the Profiles (Exporting them) to the Cloud saved them 100% perfect where as in the Dir I had been using (Imported them) returned them with missing data.

All ls squared away and I learned the better way to create Profiles and using the TX Band setting table in conjunction with creating Profiles.

73 all Tom W3FRG
  • Craig Willison
    Craig Willison Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Using 3.1.14.40, the transmit profile is not changing when the Radio Memory option is selected.  Transmit profile says the same as previously selected from Global Profile.  Anyone else having this issue?
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    3.1.14.40 ??

Tom W3FRG
  • Craig Willison
    Craig Willison Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    This is FRStack.  Using 3.1.12 on 6400M and Windows SmartSDR.
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Ok, just wondered where that Ver was from?
    Happy Holiday,

Tom W3FRG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.