Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR 3.1.11 Install Went Very Well

Charlie, WA3UTC
Charlie, WA3UTC Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
SDR 3.1.11 Install Went Very Well.  No issues during or after the installation on my 6500.  Great Job Flex.

Charlie, WA3UTC

Comments

• Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Unless U have a Maestro then it will Ping Pong you back and forth see the complaints.

Ian
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2020
    There is a small glitch in the software distribution server that provides the software to the Maestro and the M model radios.  It should be resolved shortly.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2020
    Thank you, Charlie.
  • Tom Porada
    Tom Porada Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Same here , 6500, no issues, easy update.
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Tim Can you let us know here or on FB when the Maestro update available
    Thanks
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2020
    Certainly.
  • Charlie, WA3UTC
    Charlie, WA3UTC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020

I have high degree of confidence in Flex Radio products.  If someone finds an issue I am sure Flex will attend to it directly.

Charlie, WA3UTC

• Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2020
    This issue has been resolved.  Please reboot the Maestro and/or M model radio to update the software version metadata.
  • Tom OBoyle
    Tom OBoyle Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Tim --  Does that we are going to get a new version and should hold off install 3.1.11?

Thanks,
    Tom
  • Fred KE4Q
    Fred KE4Q Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    My update resulted in the blinking red light and have not been able to recover. Service ticket already submitted
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2020
    It's very important to get SmartSDR v3.1.11 installed at your earliest convenience.  This will prevent any possible future corruption to the radio's SD card that will require a replacement being sent to you to resolve.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    This was my first upgrade (radio shipped with 3.1.8) and it went perfectly.  So far the radio is behaving normally.

Len, KD0RC
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    No Issues on this end. Thanks Flex.. How bout the ATU fix? Is that coming soon?
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    In my case no issues neither. Uninstalled previous version, installed 3.1.11 and everything is fine so far.

Santiago, HI8SMX
  • Martin Boroff
    Martin Boroff Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I think you have a link on the main page that indicate version 3.3.8 is the latest version and the download folders show version 3.1.1.11 in the middle of the downloads which misleads the user.

Also is 3.1.11 also for 6400 and 6600 models?
  • Bob KC9RF
    Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    No issues for my PC, 6600 or Maestro loading 3.1.11
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    Yes.  v3.1.11 is for all FLEX-6000 models.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Powering down the radio doesn't get you back? I have had upgrades failed like that before. 1st time it freaked me out and I didn't touch it for hours. Then I decided to turn it off by holding the power botton for a few seconds. It rebooted and allowed my to upgrade, successfully this time around.
  • iw2clm
    iw2clm Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I've got a smooth update to v3.1.11 on my PC, Maestro and Flex6600, no issues.
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    No issuses at all. Updated SSDR on PC, Flex 6700 and Maestro V2.
  • jay con
    jay con Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    first off like to say thanks to the flex team for there work on the update... My 6400m and pc updated smoothly i appreciate the work and dedication to make these things happen...thanks guys and gals......
  • Tom OBoyle
    Tom OBoyle Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Both of my radios upgraded smoothly.  Thanks to all the Flex folks.
  • Ron / K4XRF
    Ron / K4XRF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Same here, 6400, no issues.  A very easy update.
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I am barely computer literate.  I am very pleased that I could update my NUC computer and my 6600M in minutes without any issues.  
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Neil, sometimes people have problems, but for most of us it is painless. Flex has a very slick process indeed.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I cannot say my update went smooth - in the end of update my 6600 stuck with 3 red blinks(boot failure error) for about 30min. I restarted radio and it came up fine.

2nd issue was already reported in another thread - Maestro update.
    After I updated 6600, i started Maestro and clicked upper file (it was abviously my fault for not paying attention) and that file was a previous version 3.1.8. So Maestro was pushing previous Ver to 6600.

I went to another cycle of 6600 upgrade and this time choose correct version in the list on Maestro screen. Latest file (3.1.11) is not on the top, it is somewhere in the middle. You have to pay attention.
    After all completed, I got that screen

After Windows fix, everything seems work for now.

Sergey, KN7K
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Nice thing is, it all got corrected.
  • WB8YKH
    WB8YKH Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    My SDR 3.1.11 install on Maestro and 6700 went flawless.  Nice work!  Thank you... 
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I'm looking for a decent deal on a 6700 Anyone?  Let me know.
                    Thanks, 73
  • Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    My 3.1.11 upgrade 'broke' DAX.  I get this error.  

I get this error (screenshot) and none of the items seem to apply.  I don't have the red x.  I used to have a many many DAX sound options.   Now I have none.   Any advise?

TIA,

Pat / W5WTH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.