Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

OmniRig v2.0 and FLEX Radios

Wolfgang Sidler
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I’m pleased to offer you my new ominiRig v2.0 development with the following new features:
- Supports now up to four RIGs
- You can name the tabs of your RIGs with your own text
- The minimum polling interval is now 20ms instead of 100ms
- The GUI of the main Window is bigger to see all your four RIG-Tabs

Development
OmniRig v2.0 update is for free - developed by Stephan Andratsch, sponsored by HB9RYZ
Thanks to Alex Shovkoplyas (VE3NEA), who developed the first OminRig Version www.dxatlas.com/OmniRig

More information and download of Omnirig v2.0 under:
http://www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig/index.html

Works perfect with my new FEX 6600M, Log4OM, CW-Skimmer, SDR Radio Console v3, HDSR, ICOM IC-7700, etc. at the same time :-)

Wolfgang, HB9RYZ

3 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Does OmniRig 2.0 support RTTY mode? Does it report Flex RTTY mode as RTTY? That was a shortcoming with old OmniRig. Dave wo2x
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    For those that don't like reading instructions, just overwrite the old omnirig.exe in
    C:Program Files (x86)Afreetomnirig  with the new omnirig.exe.
  • G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I did exactly that and now correctly identifies as v 2.0.  However Rig Type is blank, so presumably it needs to have the new rig.ini file.  I'm not sure if I have to manually install this and I can't locate the one from the earlier version (1.6?) of Omnirig.  If so, where?  I looked for the above file location (C:Program Files (x86)Afreetomnirig) but that doesn't exist on my PC.  I'm sure I'm overlooking something extremely obvious...

Jeff - G4IUA
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    When I did this it recognized the rig files already installed in the old omnirig install.
  • G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I uninstalled the old version and I think I was given the option of removing everything, presumably including the old rig.ini file.  Wouldn't the new installation include the new ones?  I did a search and found the new .ini file (today's date) in  C:UsersAdministratorAppDataRoamingAfreetProductsOmniRig

• Johan / SE3X
    Johan / SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Just out of curiosity, why do you use OmniRig? I have an old contest logger I use for domestic contest only, have to use OmniRig with it to have QRG from Flex to logger. But for HRD, N1MM, HRD780 etc I use the Flex CAT program and everything with comports works a treat. What am I missing? It has to be something? I'm pretty new to the Flex World and eager to learn.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    you need to reinstall the old version and then just overwrite the old with the new omnirig.exe file and thats it.
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Wolfgang -

First, thanks for this update.  It's great to be able to use more than 2 rig definitions with Omni-Rig.

FYI, when developing with the Omni-Rig OCX (in my case, in VBA), the rig names appear to be hard coded into the OCX.  For example, If you change the name from RIG1 to FlexA in Omni-Rig V2, the VBA code will no longer find it.  Change it back to RIG1 and it works fine.  This is not a shortcoming of your code.  I guess Omni-Rig was not developed to use names other than RIG1 and RIG2.

A question (for anyone) - has anyone modified the SmartSDR.ini using SendCustomCommand to include reading the s-meter?  I want to be able to do this in my software, but have no experience with the Flex API, so I'm not sure what command to send and what response to expect.

73 - David, AG4F
  • Andre NJ0F
    Andre NJ0F Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I could not download a copy of V2 on the link above. I am looking for a copy of the zip file. If someone downloaded it, I would very much appreciate a copy email to me. My Email is good on qrz.com
    Andre
    NJ0F.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have same issue. The site is hosed up :)

• Andre NJ0F
    Andre NJ0F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I did send the author and Email but so far no results. I will share if someone does come up with a copy. I am sure many downloaded it.
  • Andre NJ0F
    Andre NJ0F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi Jeff,
    Would you mind sharing a copy of the zip file? We cannot download it from the site anymore for some reason. I did email the author but no response. Best 73 Andre NJ0F
  • Mauro VE3TCV
    Mauro VE3TCV Member
    edited November 2018
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thats the same link we cant get to work.
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
  • Andre NJ0F
    Andre NJ0F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I just downloaded this but it is ver 1.18 not Ver 2.....
    NJ0F
  • Andre NJ0F
    Andre NJ0F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Larry, do you have a copy of the zip file?
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018

Scroll further down the page for the v2 .exe file.

You can also download a zip file with both the v2 .exe and  the .ini files here:

http://www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig

Howard

• Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020

Ive used Omnirig1 with my 6400 and Log4om V2 with no problems. Tried upgrading Omnirig to the latest version V2, and it no longer connects to log4om v2. Any ideas?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Its my understanding that the new version of OmniRig will not work with Log4OM2. The developers have tried to work with the OmniRig developer to fix it but no luck. so they are not supporting the new OmniRig.

You will have to go back to the original OmniRig

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Has someone successfully integrated OmniRig V2 with CW Skimmer? I had no luck there. Renaming the program did not work, as CW Skimmer 2.1 does not recognize it. Any ideas or hints? 73, Alex - DH2ID
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Alex,

A bit off topic but... I'm curious why you'd want to use OmniRig for CW Skimmer. Using it implies that you are feeding the skimmer with DAX audio rather than DAXIQ.  I have a configuration I've been playing with where I'd like to use DAX audio for CW Skimmer but find that the decode quality vs DAXIQ is really terrible.  Of course if I can get that cleaned up, I'd probably want a better OmniRig solution too.

--Don
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Don, I thought it was required?  When SliceMaster starts skimmer my OmniRig always fires. What are you doing?
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Rich,

It's true that CW Skimmer will launch OmniRig when it starts.  But, when the 'Hardware Type' is set to 'Softrock', OmniRig is not used for CAT.  Slice Master sets the hardware type to Softrock.  The "CAT like" control happens over the telnet connection.  In OmniRig you could, for example, have both Rigs set to NONE.  But since the OmniRig settings are global to your computer, doing so might stop something else from working.  This is also why Slice Master lets you run a skimmer for each slice, not just two.

--Don

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Don, you're right - I don't need OmniRig for my FlexRadios, but I also own a Kenwood TS-2000X. I'd be interested to use OmniRig with this TRX, and CW Skimmer is shown on the V2 page as working with V2...
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Ah... makes sense.  Sometimes I forget there are non-Flex radios out there too!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.