Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can’t hear any stations with my Maestro

2»

Answers

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited January 2020
    Put the RX and TX on the same antenna... try both 1 and 2.... have you tried to transmit??? That would really show if the antenna were connected... set the power way down and try it
  • jeff grey
    jeff grey Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes, it tunes and transmits.
  • jeff grey
    jeff grey Member
    edited January 2020
    I’ll have to install the software to run in directly with Maestro.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I will ask again, trying to go from one thing at a time. Have you been able to operated the 6500 in an on air conversation? If yes,,than we move on to the Meastro.
  • jeff grey
    jeff grey Member
    edited January 2020
    Not yet, I need to download the software to my laptop. I’ll try that next.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2020
    Go to 40m and tune to a station. See what the signal is. Propagation is not that great so you may not hear WWV very good.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited January 2020
     Hi Jeff

I hope I am wrong, but it sounds like you are doing everything correctly.    AGC-T would be the one thing that could mess you up, but even then, you would still see some signals.

On the Maestro, Tap the Ant2 icon and make sure the RF Gain is slid all the way to the right.  

I gather you have eliminated the feedline and antenna issues and maybe have tested the feedline on another radio if you have one.

If that is all OK, then you may have a hardware problem with the radio.  Did you see it in operation before you purchased it?  Have you reached out to the seller?

Mike 

• jeff grey
    jeff grey Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi Mike, I’m on the right ANT. I sent an email to the seller. No reply yet. No, I didn’t see it in operation. I may have to send it your way. What’s the labor costs for repair?
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    What is the noise level you see?  If it is at -140 to -150 then there is no connection to an antenna on receive.  It may switch to proper antenna on transmit, but may be set to one of the two main outputs or RX1 input.  LoopA could also be selected and if there is nothing in the loop, no signal will be heard and be at the signal levels above.  Go to antenna and see what is selected.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Suggest trying the AM broadcast band (punch 1000 into the VFO).

GL // k3Tim/7
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Starting to sound like the protection diode in the Ant input
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Jeff:

Did the seller list the unit as working, and did you use paypal (for good or services, not for friends or family)?   You may have some recourse.

Neal
  • Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    edited January 2020
    I notice in the picture above that the transmitter is set to ANT1 and the Receiver is set to ANT2.  Check which physical port you are connected to and make sure your RX antenna is selected correctly.
  • Ken Wells
    edited January 2020
    I notice in the picture above that the transmitter is set to ANT1 and the Receiver is set to ANT2.  Check which physical port you are connected to and make sure your RX antenna is selected correctly.
  • Ken Wells
    edited January 2020
    The BLUE is for RX antenna.  The RED is the Transmit Antenna.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.