Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex hatred by other amateur radio operators

123457»

Answers

• PatrickPatrick WH6HI KauaiMember ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Most have been doing the same thing for ever, and have never accepted the challenge of actually learning something new.  ie, they hate all new things. 
  • PatrickPatrick WH6HI KauaiMember ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    About 5 years ago, about the time I bought my 6500.  I was on 20 meters SSB, I called CQ and got a call from the #4 call area.  When I finished my station report, the operator immediately started lecturing me on how I had waisted my money on the radio, since all I had for an antenna, at the time, was a vertical.  Tried to explain that I was still building out my station and it would be a while till I got to doing a major antenna configuration.  But he would hear nothing of it.  This is the only negative QSO I have ever had.  When most people comment, it is after looking at the result of my 6 year ham station build out project on QRZ.  I get 100% positive comments.  As most hams do I built it based on my own needs.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.